Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How To Say A Welcome Speech At Church Service

1946 Care Package Porto Alegre - Berlim






















1890 Marie Becker, future mother of Eberhard



















1946 Marie Sydow











Eberhard
hid her face in tears when receiving the first post-war photograph of his mother. The face always so sweet and proud of Marie was marked by traces of hunger and worry.



Wulfhild Sydow, niece of Eberhard, Berlin writes: Even if you

Brazilian through deprivation after World War II, Eberhard and sent to Hildegard Berliners wonderful packages we Sydows Care. For us two girls to open these packages was always very exciting and our father Wolfgang enhanced this time to a dramatic high point.

"Let's see what's in it again" said the start of the ceremonial opening.

Dietlind My sister replied with confidence:

"What comes to salsas is always good."
(salsas, Petersilien is in German and has an assonance with Brasilien Brazil =)

And she was absolutely right. I hope that my parents knew how to honor and appreciate the sacrifice that his brother / brother and sister did, though they own specific starving.

In 1946 the organization CARE (Cooperative for American Remittance to Europe today Cooperative for Assistance and Relief ) coordinated the sending of packets containing portions of meat, margarine, honey, sugar, powdered milk to Germany. The first shipment arrived at the port of Bremen in August 1946.
Learn more about CARE package in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARE_Package

Wulfhild follows the original in German:

Obgleich Brasiliane während ihr und vermutlich auch noch nach dem 2. Weltkrieg selber unter Mangel and deprivation have suffered, sent sen Eberhard. and Hildegard us Sydow Berlin during the blockade wonderful care packages. The opening was for both of us children were always very exciting and thrilling, and our father Wolfgang crafted this act are very effective in a dramatic climax. "Do look at this, what's good in it again this time," he began the ritual of unpacking. Then my sister with the sound of fervent conviction Dieter: "What comes out of parsley, is always good." And she was absolutely right! I hope my parents did appreciate the time fees that sacrifice brother / brother and sister in law brought us Berliners, though sie selber hungern mussten.

Andreas escreve:

Lembro a Oma Sydow (Hildegard) contando que as lágrimas corriam entre os dedos que cobriam o rosto do Opa Beka ao ver a foto.

Nas minhas aulas de História Contemporanea III passei dois meses ouvindo o professor Padros (uruguaio descendente de catalães fugitivos da Guerra Civil espanhola) descrevendo a ascencão do fascismo, a IIGM (hoje já se fala na segunda guerra dos 30 anos - 1914 a 1945) e sair pálido e atônito. Sobre a história dos alemães no sul do Brasil neste período, recomendo Rene Gertz.



Andrea escreve de Berlim:

that's exciting, what comes to family history of our loved ones to light. Sometimes I sit at home quietly before my cup of tea and wonder how I would behave in the face of the loss of my child or what I would do in a country where I could not freely express my opinion, nothing more could ask why and why as I grow the beak. Whether I would have acted just as clear-sighted, geitesanwesend and courageous as we expect from our ancestors, I doubt it.

I know is that, like me, these people have searched for happiness in their lives. Just like me, they tried in their life pain to avoid. Just like me, these people experience sadness, loneliness and despair. Just as I tried to meet these people their needs. Just as I got to these people about life. Just like me, these people longed to be loved for it. Just as I have experienced rejection and condemnation of it. Just as I have experienced it guilt and shame. Just as I have forgotten these people on their journey through the human condition that they carry the divine spark in him. "

we learn something about our ancestors, we also learn more about us and I look forward to more news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment